Friday 14 April 2017

Good Friday Thoughts and a Little Easter Playlist


I've been thinking this week how hard it is for our little people to get their heads around Good Friday... To understand why a day remembering darkness, death and defeat could ever be something worth celebrating...

But that is the beauty of Good Friday... On first appearances, it is a day of apparent contradictions...

The Light of God being snubbed out by darkness, yet bringing light to the world...
Jesus death on the cross breathing life to us...
The apparent defeat of Christ, actually being the defeat of sin and death once and for all, and victory for him...

It is not easy to understand... And at the same same time, so very simple.

On Good Friday, Jesus willingly gave up his life for me - taking my guilt, bearing my punishment, paying the cost.

Now I'm free. Unburdened. Able to live a life with direct access to God and life in all its fullness... Peace with him, the assurance of eternal life, joy in trials. Not because I'm anything special, simply because he hung on that cross for me...

And for you, if you'll accept him...

And so I while away a quiet morning in my hospital room... Feeling thankful, and filling my mind with lyrics that remind me of these beautiful ancient truths, ever new!

So I thought I'd share my Easter Spotify playlist... In case you too would like to dwell on the wonderfully good news of that dark day. Just click on the link at the top.

Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!