Tuesday 19 June 2012

Get Good Summer 2012! Get in on the action!

The time has come... it's the launch of "Get Good Summer 2012" All will be revealed in this post as we head towards the summer months...


I don't know about you, but I find the summer can be a bit of a no-mans land. I often look back and think "what have I actually done this summer??" Too often it is filled with lazy days where absolutely nothing is achieved. Don't get me wrong, relaxation is vital but do we have any purpose to the way we often use those golden summer days? Get Good Summer is all about changing that.. it was started last year by two friends, Matt and Bruno, who decided that Summer 2011 was going to have a bit more significance for them...

We're lucky enough to have "Get Good Summer" introduced to us by the man behind the idea!

Matt, what is Get Good Summer?
Get Good Summer is an attempt to overcome mediocrity by living a more focussed life. The concept is very simple - create a list of ten goals that you want to achieve by 1st September 2012, and go about achieving them with the help of other GGS members. 


So what's the idea behind it?
There are things we want to do in life, but which we sometimes lack the discipline and self-control to make happen... Get Good Summer is merely an attempt to remove some of the distractions and focus on achieving them!


Why should readers get involved?
Because you want to. It doesn't work otherwise!


OK, I'm convinced!! I want to make sure this summer I'm productive and achieve some goals! What do I need to do?
Write down a list of specific, but varied, goals... aspirations in fields as diverse as physical conditioning, cuisine, memorisation, sporting prowess, cultural awareness, financial management, retail aspirations and music are just some of the ways people want to get good this summer!


So here's the challenge... I'm going for five goals this summer (it's my first attempt, so I want to make it achievable) and I'm going to announce them tomorrow. My aim is to achieve each of these goals by September 1st... why don't you join in the action? Let me know what your five goals are in the comments box below over the next couple of days (just click on the word "comments"!), and lets help each other have a productive summer this year! I'd love to know what goals you are setting yourself!


3 comments:

  1. Looks good... I'm gonna have a think tonight about 5 things I'd like to achieve this summer and get back to you. Would love to actually achieve something in the next few months and great to have the incentive!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny Flindall19 June 2012 at 22:37

    I definatley have one at the moment and that is to give up smoking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one Jenny... now you've just got to come up with 4 more! Cx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!